Midnight Dagger
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Was würde passieren wenn sich die Krieger aus Lara Adrian´s Midnight Breed und die Vampire aus J.R. Ward´s Black Dagger zusammen tun würden?

StartseitePortalSuchenNeueste BilderAnmeldenLogin
Herzlich Willkommen !!!

Informationen zu Lara Adrian

Nach unten 
AutorNachricht
Dante
Admin
Dante

Anzahl der Beiträge : 622

Informationen zu Lara Adrian Empty
BeitragThema: Informationen zu Lara Adrian   Informationen zu Lara Adrian EmptyMi Apr 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Informationen zu Lara Adrian Info_l10

Zuletzt von Dante am Mi Mai 09, 2012 5:39 pm bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
https://midnightdagger.forumieren.com
Dante
Admin
Dante

BeitragThema: Re: Informationen zu Lara Adrian   Informationen zu Lara Adrian EmptyMi Apr 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Lara Adrian

Lara Adrian lebt mit ihrem Mann an der Küste Neuenglands, umgeben von uralten Friedhöfen und dem Atlantik. Seit ihrer Kindheit hegt sie eine besondere Vorliebe für Vampirromane, zu ihren Lieblingsautoren zählen Bram Stoker und Anne Rice. Neben ihrer äußerst erfolgreichen Vampirserie hat sie sich auch mit historischen Liebesromanen einen Namen gemacht.
Weitere Infos auf ihrer offiziellen Homepage:
www.laraadrian.com
Nach oben Nach unten
Dante
Admin
Dante

BeitragThema: Re: Informationen zu Lara Adrian   Informationen zu Lara Adrian EmptyMi Apr 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Midnight Breed
Die Serie Midnight Breed entstand 2009, die deutsche Übersetzungen folgten bald darauf. In dieser Serie erzählt Lara Adrian die Geschichte der Vampire des Ordens, einer Gruppe mächtiger Krieger, die sich zusammen gefunden haben um die sogenannten Rogues zu bekämpfen. Rogues sind ebenfalls Vampire, doch haben sie dem immerwährenden Blutdurst ihrer Art nachgegeben und sind nun einem Blutrausch verfallen, der sie zu Tieren degradiert. Oft werden sie auch als Blutjunkies bezeichnet, eine sehr treffende Beschreibung dessen, was sie sind.

MEHR INFORMATIONEN

Stephenie Meyer - Das Phänomen Twilight als Film und Buch
Anna Paquin – ein Porträt der Schauspielerin
Comic-Rezension: Vampire 1 + 2
Die Vampire in Lara Adriasn Buch stammen von den sogenannten Ältesten ab, acht Wesen aus einer fremden Welt, die auf die Erde kamen, mordeten, vergewaltigten und plünderten. Manche der Frauen, denen sie Gewalt antaten, trugen das sogenannte Stammesgefährtinnenmal (ein Muttermal in Form einer Träne die über einem Halbmond schwebt). Diese Frauen sind physisch dazu in der Lage, Vampirkinder auszutragen. Sie gebaren die Gene – One Generation, Vampire, die halb außerirdisch, halb menschlich waren. Diese erste Generation von echten Vampiren sagten ihren Vätern den Kampf an und vernichteten sie komplett. Lucan, einer dieser Gene – One Vampire, gründete im Mittelalter den Orden zusammen mit anderen seiner Art um erst die Alten (die außerirdischen Väter der Gene – One Generation), dann jedes andere Böse zu besiegen, das ihre Existenz gefährden könnte.

Dunkel und geheimnisvoll - Die perfekte Mischung
In Lara Adrians Büchern geht es um eben jenen Orden und seine Mitglieder, wie sie kämpfen, wie sie leben und wie sie lieben.

Manche mögen sagen, ihre Bücher sind nur ein weiterer Versuch, auf der momentanen Vampirwelle zu reiten, andere hingegen finden ihre Bücher faszinierend.

Die Vampire in diesen Büchern sind dunkel, geheimnisvoll und leidenschaftlich, eine Mischung, die fast jede Frau anspricht. Wer einmal eines ihrer Bücher beginnt, wird sich auf einer Reise wieder finden, die so bald nicht enden wird. Eine Reise voller Gefahren, voller Lust und voller Leidenschaft.

Vollständigen Artikel auf Suite101.de lesen: Lara Adrians "Midnight Breed" | Suite101.de http://anna-w.suite101.de/lara-adrians-midnight-breed-a121737#ixzz1sTQI81EB
Nach oben Nach unten
Dante
Admin
Dante

BeitragThema: Re: Informationen zu Lara Adrian   Informationen zu Lara Adrian EmptyDo Mai 24, 2012 12:08 pm

A note from Lara:

Hello from New Hampshire!

We have lots of news to share with you this month, but first I want to personally take a moment to thank each of you--for reading my books, for talking about them with your friends, and for helping to spread the word about the series through your social networks, blogs and online reviews.

I also want to express how touched I am by all of the sweet messages I've received from you since the January release of Darker After Midnight, and your hopes (and more than a few demands!) that you haven't seen the last of the Order and their mates.

The Midnight Breed series is most definitely continuing! I'm not ready to say goodbye to Lucan, Dante, Tegan, Chase and the rest of the Order and their mates, and I'm delighted to hear (resoundingly!) that neither are you. I'd been working toward the events in Darker After Midnight since I began writing Midnight Rising, and I can tell you that, for me, Chase's book was never intended as the end of the series, but rather a pivot toward an exciting new beginning.

First up is Mira's story, Edge of Dawn, which you'll hear more about further in this newsletter. After that will come the 12th book in the series, and I have plans for many more to follow. I hope to continue writing Midnight Breed novels so long as I remain excited about the characters and feel I have interesting, fresh stories to tell within the series world.

In the meantime, thanks so much to each of you for your enthusiasm and support!

~Lara

May 2012 News
:: LAMB-CON BOSTON ::

Have you heard? Lara's hosting a big weekend bash in the Order's hometown this summer--exclusively for Midnight Breed fans!

LAMB-Con 2012 in Boston will be a one-of-a-kind experience: informal chat sessions with Lara, Q&As about the series, sneak peek readings from upcoming releases, booksignings and photo opps, games and prizes, goody bags full of free books, LAMB-Con merchandise and great giveaways, plus wonderful food, parties and lots of fun for all!

If you're an aspiring writer, you won't want to miss Lara's open-forum bonus session on writing a bestselling series, what it takes to craft a story that readers will love, and where to begin if you want to get your books published. There's truly something for everyone at LAMB-Con!

~ ~ ~ ~
* * Registration is open now at www.LAMB-Con.com * *
(limited to the first 100 registrants; orders close July 31st)
Event Dates: Friday, August 24th to Sunday, August 26th
Registration Fee: $215 USD
Hotel Room Rate: $169 per night

(Need a roomie for LAMB-Con? Email us for help!)

~ ~ ~ ~
New LAMB-Con Prizes -- just announced!

Registered attendees will be eligible to win one of five (5) ad-free Kindle Touch e-readers ($139 value), along with a $100 Amazon Gift Card at the convention.

That's right -- five prizes valued at $239 each! How cool is that? It's like getting your LAMB-Con registration (and a little spending money) for free!

More prizes and giveaways to be announced, so stay tuned! You'll find the latest schedule of events, included meals, etc., at the www.LAMB-Con.com website.

For the most up to date LAMB-Con 2012 info and developments, please be sure to follow the event's newsfeed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LAMBcon.

:: MIDNIGHT BREED SERIES CONTINUES! ::

At the risk of spoiling things for anyone who's not yet read Darker After Midnight (stop right here if you haven't!) we are thrilled to report that Chase and Tavia's story was not the end of the Midnight Breed series. Lara is finishing up the next book now, which features a grown-up Mira in the starring role! Here's an unofficial, sneak peek summary from Lara, just for newsletter subscribers:

EDGE OF DAWN -- Book 11

Twenty years after the Order's vanquish of their chief adversary, conflicts and skirmishes continue for the Breed, violence escalating toward war. Peace seems elusive, but the Order and their allies will not rest until it is won.

For Mira, raised with the Order from the time she was a child, and now the formidable captain of her own team of warriors for the Order, the fight is personal. War has cost her a great deal, though nothing more precious than the life of someone she loved dearly. Vowed to avenge his death, Mira blazes into every battle like a Valkyrie, poised to make her enemies pay. Until an unexpected encounter with a rebel leader brings her face-to-face with a startling truth, and a betrayal that will cut through her every defense . . . straight to the core of the wounded woman whose faith has never been tested more, nor her heart more deeply torn.

Edge of Dawn releases January 22, 2013 from Delacorte Press in hardcover, ebook and audiobook. Mass market paperback to follow; actual date has not been announced yet.

Virtual Signing: Yes, there will be a Virtual Signing for Edge of Dawn! If you'd like to get a personalized, autographed copy of the hardcover book when it releases, be sure to keep an eye on Lara's website for ordering details later this year.

Or, you can pre-order an unsigned copy today at Amazon!

Please note: Some online sources, including Amazon.com, are listing a February release date, which is incorrect according to the publisher. We'll have more pre-order links as they become available.

~ ~ ~ ~
DARKER AFTER MIDNIGHT: Paperback + Bonus Novella

As you may know, the mass market paperback of Darker After Midnight will also contain the 22,000-word Midnight Breed novella, A Taste of Midnight, as bonus material. This novella is a full romance story set in Scotland at Christmastime, featuring Danika, the widowed Breedmate of fallen warrior Conlan from Kiss of Midnight. This novella is currently available exclusively as an ebook.

Virtual Signing: Lara will be hosting a Virtual Signing for this release as well, for those of you wishing to order autographed copies. Details will be posting at the website soon.

That's the good news. The bad news is, Darker After Midnight's paperback release date has been changed from its anticipated summer 2012 publication to later in the year, most likely November. Yeah, we know. Waiting sucks! :-(

Bantam Dell will be releasing a discounted, 9-volume ebook bundle of the Midnight Breed series in early July instead.

And to help pass the time between now and November, read on for a cool announcement about some of Lara's previous novels, available now as bargain-priced ebooks!

:: TINA ST. JOHN REISSUES ::

Did you know that before Lara began writing the Midnight Breed series, she was a published author of medieval and medieval/paranormal romances? Her seven award-winning previous novels, written under the pen name Tina St. John, have been out of print and very hard to find for years.

Now, thanks to the Internet and ebooks, she's reissuing them all again with beautiful new covers and each priced at just $2.99!

Even better--for a limited time, you can get Lara's very first book, Lord of Vengeance, for just 99 cents!

Click on any of the covers below to learn more about the title, or visit the Reissues page at Lara's website for information and order links for the ebook retailer and file format of your choice:

The Dragon Chalice Series (shapeshifters and dark magic)

Lord of Vengeance and The Warrior Trilogy (medieval romance)

All of these titles will soon be available in trade paperback editions too. Watch www.LaraAdrian.com for updates and ordering info!

:: LARA RETURNS TO GERMANY ::

German readers, if you're heading to the LoveLetter Convention in Berlin the first weekend in June, or if you're near the cities of Mannheim, Trier, Cologne, Limburg or Dortmund, don't miss your chance to meet Lara while she's in your area!

In addition to attending panels and reader sessions at the LoveLetter Convention on 2-3 June, Lara will then be visiting a number of cities, along with fellow LYX author Nalini Singh, for a week-long book-signing tour.

You'll find the full schedule of book tour dates and locations here.

Special Notice: If you act quickly, there's still a little bit of time to enter a sweepstakes for 2 complimentary passes to the LoveLetter Convention, courtesy of Egmont LYX! Details and entry form here.

Hope you can make it out to see Lara at one of these exciting events!

:: GOODIES ::

Want some free goodies? We'd love to share our gorgeous bookmarks for Darker After Midnight and the rest of the Midnight Breed series! To get the latest goodies, including a signed bookplate, just send your request along with two loose first-class U.S. postage stamps (no postage meter tape, please) to the following address:

Lara Adrian
P.O. Box 365
North Conway, NH 03860-0365
Attn: Goody Request

If you are a reader living outside the U.S., please email your request to assistant@LaraAdrian.com for further instructions.

Booksellers, Librarians and Book Club Leaders (U.S. or abroad):
If you are interested in promotional items for your patrons, members or special events, please let us know. We are happy to provide bulk quantity items and other types of promotional materials free of charge to help you introduce readers to the series.

To request bulk promotional items or special event giveaways, please submit your request via the Contact page at my website: www.LaraAdrian.com/Contact.php

CONNECT WITH LARA

Twitter: http://twitter.com/lara_adrian
Facebook: www.facebook.com/LaraAdrianBooks
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/lara_adrian

Subscription Note: You are receiving this newsletter because you (a) directly subscribed, or (b) opted-in through entering a website contest or drawing sponsored by or hosted at LaraAdrian.com. We maintain a strict no-spam policy, so rest assured your contact information is secure. If you'd rather not receive newsletters and book release bulletins from LaraAdrian.com, or if you are getting more than one copy at different emails, just click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter and enter the email address that should be removed from the mailing list.

Newsletter Archives: Missed some news? Subscribers can access all of the past issues of this newsletter online at http://bit.ly/LAMBnews.

Nach oben Nach unten
Dante
Admin
Dante

BeitragThema: Re: Informationen zu Lara Adrian   Informationen zu Lara Adrian EmptyDi Sep 25, 2012 5:34 pm

LaraAdrian.com News || Special Announcement!

:: VIRTUAL SIGNING ::

Hello from beautiful, autumny New Hampshire! I'm excited to announce that the Virtual Signing for the mass market paperback reissue of Darker After Midnight is open for orders at at www.LaraAdrian.com!

For those of you who have participated in my Virtual Signing events in the past, you know how this works. For everyone else, please read on for details on how you can get a personalized, autographed copy of Chase and Tavia's book--which includes the bonus novella, A Taste of Midnight, previously available in ebook format only. That's not all! Also included is the first chapter from Book 11 of the Midnight Breed series, Edge of Dawn, making this paperback edition quite the doorstopper!

Virtual Signing copies of this special paperback edition of Darker After Midnight will be signed by me and mailed out to you on the U.S. release date, November 27, 2012.

Orders will be accepted only through the Virtual Signing page at www.LaraAdrian.com. The price of the book is $7.99 USD (plus shipping) and each order includes the following bonus items: set of series bookmarks, logo pen and Breedmate mark temporary tattoo.

All orders must be received by Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time. Orders can only be accepted online, payable via credit card; all transactions will be handled by PayPal (you do NOT need a PayPal account in order to purchase) and the order form located on Lara's website. Although you are purchasing your book(s) in advance, they will not ship out until Tuesday, November 27, 2012. This Virtual Signing is open to both U.S. and international orders, except where prohibited by law.

Please Note: This Virtual Signing event is limited to the first 700 orders, and there is a 2 book order maximum per person. Once the 700 limit is reached, the system will automatically stop accepting new orders. If you enter your purchase information and get a receipt for your order, you're in!

For a complete list of ordering guidelines and to place your order, please visit www.LaraAdrian.com. And if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact us at assistant@LaraAdrian.com.

:: EDGE OF DAWN -- RELEASE DATE & VIRTUAL SIGNING ::

I had hoped to roll out a Virtual Signing this month for my next hardcover release, Edge of Dawn, but we recently received word from my publisher that they've had to make a slight change in the release date to allow for better placement in one of the large chain bookstores. Alas, these things happen, and now I'm sorry to tell you that Mira's story will be releasing on February 26, 2013, not the late January date we'd originally been given.

It's only an extra month, but I know how excited everyone is to get this 11th book of the series (because you've been telling me so, ever since you finished reading Darker After Midnight earlier this year!) and I hope the wait passes quickly.

To help with that, be sure to keep an eye out for upcoming issues of this newsletter, and stop in when you can at my Facebook page, Goodreads, and Twitter, where we'll be hosting lots of fun pre-launch giveaways and contests for Midnight Breed prizes and ARCs of Edge of Dawn in upcoming weeks!

And stay tuned to www.LaraAdrian.com for the Edge of Dawn Virtual Signing, which I now anticipate will open for orders on or around November 1st.

:: BOOKMARKS ::

We have gorgeous bookmarks for Darker After Midnight and I'd love to share them with you! To get the latest goodies, including bookmarks for the entire series thus far and a signed bookplate, just send your request and mailing info, along with two loose first-class U.S. postage stamps (we cannot accept postage meter tape) to the following address:

Lara Adrian
P.O. Box 365

If you are a reader living outside the U.S., please email your request to Assistant@LaraAdrian.com for further instructions.

Booksellers, Librarians and Book Club Leaders (U.S. or abroad):
If you are interested in promotional items for your patrons, members or special events, please let us know. We are happy to provide bulk quantity items and other types of promotional materials free of charge to help you introduce readers to the series.

To request bulk promotional items or special event giveaways, please submit your request via the Contact page at my website: www.LaraAdrian.com/Contact.php

Big thanks for all the wonderful enthusiasm and support you continue to show for my books, both online and in your lovely emails and messages to me. I can't wait to share Edge of Dawn with you, and all the rest of the Midnight Breed stories still to come!

With warmest wishes,

Lara :-)

Subscription Note: You are receiving this newsletter because you (a) directly subscribed, or (b) opted-in through entering a website contest or drawing sponsored by or hosted at LaraAdrian.com. We maintain a strict no-spam policy, so rest assured your contact information is secure. If you'd rather not receive newsletters and book release bulletins from LaraAdrian.com, or if you are getting more than one copy at different emails, just click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter and enter the email address that should be removed from the mailing list.

Newsletter Archives: Missed some news? Subscribers can access all of the past issues of this newsletter online at http://bit.ly/LAMBnews.
Nach oben Nach unten
Dante
Admin
Dante

BeitragThema: Re: Informationen zu Lara Adrian   Informationen zu Lara Adrian EmptyMi Dez 19, 2012 9:48 pm

LaraAdrian.com News || Edge of Dawn

Hello!

How on earth did it get to be the middle of November already?! I hope everyone had a nice autumn, and for those of you in Sandy's path last month, I hope you weathered the storm safely. We squeaked by with just a lot of rain and wind here in northern New Hampshire, unlike Irene, which really hit our area hard. Let's hope the coming winter takes it easy on everyone.

Goodreads Choice Awards 2012Before I update you on various Edge of Dawn news, I want to take a moment to thank those of you on Goodreads who've read and rated Darker After Midnight at the site. I was delighted to learn that Chase and Tavia's book was nominated as one of the Best Romances of 2012 in the Goodreads Choice Awards! Your wonderful ratings are responsible for this honor, and I'm both thrilled and grateful to know so many of you enjoyed the book. If you'd like to vote for Darker After Midnight (or any other book in the various categories) please visit Goodreads and cast your votes before the November 17 semi-final round ends.

As it is, in fact, November already, that means the Virtual Signing for the hardcover release of Book 11 in the Midnight Breed series, Edge of Dawn, is now open for orders at at www.LaraAdrian.com!

For those of you who have participated in my Virtual Signing events in the past, you know how this works. For everyone else, please read on for details on how you can get a personalized, autographed copy of Mira and Kellan's book.

Virtual Signing copies of Edge of Dawn will be personally signed by me and mailed out to you on the U.S. release date, Tuesday, February 26, 2013.

Orders will be accepted only through the Virtual Signing page at www.LaraAdrian.com. The price of the hardcover book is discounted to $20.95 USD (plus shipping) and each order includes the following bonus items: set of series bookmarks, logo pen and Midnight Breed series keychain.

All orders must be received by Friday, February 1, 2013 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time. Orders can only be accepted online, payable via credit card; all transactions will be handled by PayPal (you do NOT need a PayPal account in order to purchase) and the order form located on Lara's website. Although you are purchasing your book(s) in advance, they will not ship out until Tuesday, February 26, 2013. This Virtual Signing is open to both U.S. and international orders, except where prohibited by law.

Please Note: This Virtual Signing event is limited to the first 700 orders, and there is a 1 book maximum order per person. Once the 700 limit is reached, the system will automatically stop accepting new orders. If you enter your purchase information and get a receipt for your order, you're in!

For a complete list of ordering guidelines and to place your order, please visit www.LaraAdrian.com. And if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact us at assistant@LaraAdrian.com.

:: EXCERPT & SPECIAL PREVIEW ::

Want to read the first chapter of Edge of Dawn? Be sure to visit the book page my website!

As a subscriber to this newsletter, you'll also get an exclusive sneak peek at the first four chapters of the book beginning next February, weeks before the book arrives in stores.

As part of the subscribers-only preview, I'll be giving away four autographed copies of the hardcover novel, hot off the press during the month of February! No contest to enter; you are eligible simply by being an active subsciber to this newsletter.

:: DARKER AFTER MIDNIGHT - PAPERBACK ::

Don't forget--Darker After Midnight releases in mass market paperback (at last!) later this month on Tuesday, November 27.

This reissued edition includes as bonus material the Midnight Breed novella, A Taste of Midnight, which was previously only available as an ebook. It also includes the first chapter of Edge of Dawn, which means this little paperback will be quite the door-stopper!

I'll be celebrating the November 27th release day by signing and sending out all of the Virtual Signing orders that came in for this book from all over the world. Can't wait! Big thanks to everyone who participated.

We have just received a supply of gorgeous bookmarks for Edge of Dawn and I'd love to share them with you! To get the latest goodies, including bookmarks for the entire series thus far and a signed bookplate, just send your request and mailing info, along with two loose first-class U.S. postage stamps (we cannot accept postage meter tape) to the following address:

Lara Adrian
P.O. Box 365

If you are a reader living outside the U.S., please email your request to Assistant@LaraAdrian.com for further instructions.

Booksellers, Public Librarians and Book Club Leaders (U.S. or abroad):

Please note: we cannot provide Midnight Breed series bookmarks to grade school libraries, or furnish bulk bookmarks for children's craft projects. Yes, people have asked about this! LOL

Thank you very much for all the wonderful enthusiasm and support you continue to show for my books, both online and in your lovely emails and messages to me. I can't wait to share Edge of Dawn with you, and all the rest of the Midnight Breed stories still to come!

With warmest wishes,

Nach oben Nach unten
Dante
Admin
Dante

BeitragThema: Re: Informationen zu Lara Adrian   Informationen zu Lara Adrian EmptyMi Dez 19, 2012 9:49 pm

LaraAdrian.com News || December 2012

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Looks like the odds are good we'll be having a white Christmas here in the mountains of New Hampshire, as you can see from this pretty daybreak photo taken from our house.

As for us, the halls are decked, the presents are boxed, wrapped and/or shipped, and I am knee-deep in a new Midnight Breed book while gearing up for the February 26th release of Edge of Dawn. But even happily immersed in my fictional worlds, I do love everything about the holiday season.

And as we head toward the close of 2012 and the start of another new year, I want to take this moment to thank you--my amazing readers--for your continued friendship, support and for your enthusiasm for my books. I have several fun updates to tell you about, including a surprise giveaway for FOUR randomly selected, lucky subscribers of this newsletter! Read on for all the latest news.

In the meantime, I hope your home this holiday season is filled with love, warmth, peace, and all the things that make you smile. . . .

:: VIRTUAL SIGNING ~ OPEN FOR ORDERS! ::

The Virtual Signing for Edge of Dawn is well under way at www.LaraAdrian.com. If you'd like to purchase a personalized, autographed copy of Mira's book in hardcover--shipped to you on release day, February 26th--be sure to place your order soon!

The Virtual Signing closes February 1, 2013, or when we reach the maximum quantity of books available for this special, web-only event.

For a complete list of ordering guidelines and to reserve your copy, please visit www.LaraAdrian.com. And if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact us at assistant@LaraAdrian.com.

:: KISS OF MIDNIGHT ~ ON SALE FOR $.99 CENTS! ::

Just in time for the holidays, Random House has reduced the price on the ebook version of Kiss of Midnight to a mere $.99 cents!

Yep, for less than a buck, you can download a copy for yourself, or gift one to a friend. Even better--tell someone about it who hasn't read the Midnight Breed series! There's never been a better time to revisit Lucan and Gabrielle's story, or to introduce the Order to your vampire romance loving family and friends.

You can find Kiss of Midnight on sale for $.99 cents at most online retailers, and in most available ereader file formats. Unfortunately, due to territory subrights restrictions, this sale is limited to U.S. residents only. Discount subject to end without notice, so don't delay - grab it now!

[ click for purchase options ]

Please share this special holiday sale news and help spread the word about the Midnight Breed!

:: FREE SHORT STORY ::

A couple of years ago, I was invited by my UK publisher to participate in a mutli-author anthology called the Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2.

My story was called NightDrake, and now, for the first time, you can get this original, 8800-word short story for FREE in ebook format.

For a long time, I'd wanted to try my hand at a post-apocalyptic, urban fantasy setting, something dark and gritty--paranormal, yet totally different from my Midnight Breed story world. A strong, capable heroine was a must, as was a formidable, enigmatic hero. Preferably one with mysterious origins and hidden traits that made him something more than human. Something much more than human.

Enter Nisha the Heartless, a tough female mercenary, and Drakor, a man she cannot risk caring for but finds impossible to resist.

Starting this week, NightDrake will be available for FREE download from most ebook retailers. This is a global release, and will be available (in English) for other countries through Amazon, Kobo, B&N, iBooks, Smashwords, etc. If you find NightDrake listed at any retailer and it's not available for free, please contact that retailer and alert them of the free listing shown elsewhere, so they can price match the story for you.

| eBook Order Links |

Amazon
KOBO
Smashwords (all file formats available here)
Apple (in process)
Barnes & Noble (in process)

If you'd like to learn more about NightDrake, or preview the opening chapter, please visit the NightDrake page at my website.

Would you like bookmarks? We have Edge of Dawn in stock, and I'd love to share them with you! To get the latest goodies, including bookmarks for the entire series thus far and a signed bookplate, just send your request and mailing info, along with two loose first-class U.S. postage stamps (we cannot accept postage meter tape) to the following address:

Lara Adrian
P.O. Box 365

Please note: we cannot provide Midnight Breed series bookmarks to grade school libraries, or furnish bulk bookmarks for children's craft projects. Yes, people have asked about this! LOL

:: SUBSCRIBERS-ONLY GIVEAWAY ::

Last, but not least, from time to time we randomly select someone from the list of active newsletter subscribers to win a fun prize--just for being a member of this newsletter.

Today we've drawn four names, each to receive an autographed paperback copy of Darker After Midnight--Chase and Tavia's story, newly released in mass market paperback which includes the bonus novella, A Taste of Midnight. Each winner will also receive a LAMB-Con 2012 tote bag, Breedmate mark temporary tattoo and a Midnight Breed keychain.

Congratulations to:

Shauna Bair (bairmsta@xxx.xxx)
Maja Brauchle (braeuchle.maja@xxxxx.xxx)
Kellie Forthaus (kforthaus@xxxxx.xxx)
Bailey Miong (bailey.miong@xxxx.xx)

If your name is listed above, please contact us ASAP with your mailing info so we can send your prize. If your reply is not received within thirty (30) days, your unclaimed prize will be awarded to another randomly drawn winner. Hope to hear from you soon!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS from all of us at Lara Adrian HQ!! I hope you're enjoying this magical season, and I hope the new year brings you happiness, good health, and, of course, all the love your heart can hold.

With warmest wishes from my family to yours,

Nach oben Nach unten
Dante
Admin
Dante

BeitragThema: Re: Informationen zu Lara Adrian   Informationen zu Lara Adrian EmptyMi Jan 30, 2013 4:06 pm

LaraAdrian.com News || January 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As we near the end of January, the talk here at Midnight Breed Headquarters is all about Edge of Dawn -- releasing in the USA barely a month from now, on February 26th!

I'm delighted to report that the early reviews for Mira's book have been wonderful so far, with lots of 5-star raves and comments ranging from "it's a game-changer!" to "the best Midnight Breed novel yet!"

Taking a long-running, popular series in a new direction (not so new that you won't recognize it) was a little scary, but at the same time, I've never had more fun with the series than I'm having now. There's still plenty of page-time with the familiar cast of characters from the Order, but in Edge of Dawn you'll be getting to know the next generation of warriors--all grown up--and their soon-to-be mates. You'll also meet some all-new characters I hope you'll love, and a few I think you'll probably love to hate.

I've often stated that I hope to continue writing Midnight Breed novels, so long as readers want them, and so long as I feel there are exciting stories to tell and interesting characters to explore within the Midnight Breed world. I'm still having a blast. I hope you are too!

With that said, please read on for the latest Edge of Dawn news--including a live chat date next month to discuss Mira's book and the rest of the series!

:: VIRTUAL SIGNING ~ LAST CALL FOR ORDERS! ::

The Virtual Signing for Edge of Dawn closes for orders in less than two weeks!

If you'd like to purchase a personalized, autographed copy of Mira's book in hardcover--for yourself or as a gift for a friend--be sure to place your order soon at www.LaraAdrian.com! All Virtual Signing orders will be shipped out on release day, Tuesday, February 26, 2013.

International orders welcome, but please note this Virtual Signing is for the U.S. English language edition of the book only. For a complete list of ordering guidelines and to reserve your copy of Edge of Dawn, visit www.LaraAdrian.com before February 1st.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact us at assistant@LaraAdrian.com.

:: EDGE OF DAWN ~ EARLY REVIEWS ::

The early reviews for Edge of Dawn have been so unexpectedly wonderful, I can't resist sharing a few of the things people are saying about Mira's story:

"Adrian has always been an impeccable writer, but as I started reading this book, I was reminded of just how amazing and talented she is. She paints a vivid picture for every scene, delves deeper into each character until readers know everything about them, and writes some of the best action sequences I've encountered in a long time...Lara Adrian is one of the premier authors of paranormal romance and with this book, she proves it! EDGE OF DAWN is a game changer -- a book that will revolutionize the way readers see the Midnight Breed world and stir up some excitement! Filled with angst, tortured hearts, above all, selfless love, EDGE OF DAWN will break your hearts and mend them back up again."
--Fresh Fiction

"Edge of Dawn gives new life to the Midnight Breed series. The wildly popular series continues with a whole new generation of Breed warriors and the amazing women they love...As a devoted fan of the Midnight Breed, I had my doubts about jumping the series twenty years into the future. I wasn't so sure the author could pull it off...but do it she did. Like the master storyteller that she is, Lara Adrian, has given this series a new life. Not only are all of our old favorites characters still here, front and center, but she's given her readers a whole new cast of characters that I'm just dying to get to know. This storyline takes many twists and turns that will keep the reader on the edge of their seat. Edge of Dawn is one of the few stories that deserve more than a five star rating."
--Night Owl Reviews

"Lara Adrian has dramatically and completely revitalized the Midnight Breed series...[She] masterfully keeps us strung out and guessing right to the very end."
--GraveTells.com

"A true love story that appeals to the deep romantic streak in all of us, Edge of Dawn is also an action-packed adventure that sees the members of the Order doing what they do best--kicking ass and taking names. Tantalizing!"
--ParanormalBites.com

To all of the bloggers and reviewers who've been so supportive of this new book in the series, thank you very much! Smile

:: LIVE CHAT WITH ME ::

Mark your calendars! On Friday, February 22 at 7:00pm Eastern, join me at a live chat hosted by Book Monster Reviews and Literal Addiction Paranormal Book Club.

Link to the chat: http://www.literaladdiction.com/author-chat.php#/

(This chat room works best with Firefox, Chrome, and Safari browsers.)

The chat is slated for one hour, but I usually stay a little later if questions end up going long. I hope to see you there!

Both websites will also be featuring the Midnight Breed series all day on February 22nd, to include special giveaways at each website for an autographed, early copy of Edge of Dawn! Be sure to visit Book Monster and Literal Addiction for a chance to win the book.

:: EDGE OF DAWN ~ ARC GIVEAWAYS ::

If you hang out with me at my Facebook page, you probably know that my assistant, Heather, and I are hosting a big weekly giveaway over there for an autographed ARC of Edge of Dawn, a cool Breedmate mark pendant, and some other great series swag.

We just announced our first week's winner--congrats, Kathie Banks!--last Friday. This Friday, another name will be randomly drawn, so if you haven't already entered the giveaway, hurry and get in on the fun!

Please note: The third party app we're using for this Facebook contest does not permit international entries. However . . .

I hope everyone knows that I appreciate *all* of my readers, both here in the United States and around the world. When we do giveaways on my website and in this newsletter, no one is excluded from taking part (caveat: unless prohibited by law, so say the lawyers). So in the spirit of global affection and equal opportunity for every Midnight Breed fan, we decided to randomly draw two subscribers--one from the U.S. and one international--to win the same prize package we're giving away on Facebook! We're doing this bonus drawing right here, right now! Ready?

The two winners randomly drawn just moments ago are:

USA winner:
Lisa Siraco (lsiraco@xxxxx.xx.com)

Intl winner:
Claire Dearn (claire.dearn@xxxxx.com)

If your name and email address is shown above in large blue type, congratulations!! Please email us at Assistant@LaraAdrian.com from the winning email address within the next ten (10) days to claim your prize.

:: EDGE OF DAWN ~ SUBSCRIBERS-ONLY PREVIEW ::

Every time I have a new release, I like to torment--er, I mean, tempt--my readers with an extended sneak preview of the book. Basically, the way it goes is, twice a week in the two weeks leading up to release day, I send out a newsletter containing a full chapter from the book. And along with that full chapter preview, I randomly draw one lucky newsletter subscriber to win an autographed, early copy of the new book, hot off the press!

You don't have to do anything special to be eligible for this drawing, except be an active subscriber to this newsletter. Nothing to send in, no hoops to jump through, just sit back, enjoy the sneak peeks of the first four chapters and watch for your name to be listed in the newsletter as that week's winner.

Our subscribers-only preview for Edge of Dawn kicks off February 8th and will end on release day, February 26. I hope you'll enjoy it!

p.s. If you can't wait to begin reading the book, Random House has recently released the first two chapters via Scribd (an online reading app). It's free to view, just by clicking this link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/120475143/Edge-of-Dawn-by-Lara-Adrian-Excerpt

:: KISS OF MIDNIGHT ~ ON SALE FOR $.99 CENTS! ::

Another special offer, ending very soon! Random House will be ending the $.99 cent holiday sale on the ebook version of Kiss of Midnight at any time now--even as soon as today.

If you haven't yet downloaded Lucan and Gabrielle's story to your ereader of choice, now's the time! Even better--tell someone about the sale who hasn't read the Midnight Breed series. There's never been a better time to revisit the first book of the series, or to introduce the Order to your vampire romance loving family and friends.

You can find Kiss of Midnight on sale for $.99 cents at most online retailers, and in most available ereader file formats. Don't wait--the book will be back to $7.99 very soon!

[ click for purchase options ]

Unfortunately, due to publisher territory subrights restrictions, this sale is limited to U.S. residents only.

:: FREE SHORT STORY ::

As I mentioned in my last newsletter, a couple of years ago I wrote an 8,800 word short story for a mutli-author anthology called the Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2.

I've now released my story, NightDrake, as a FREE ebook, available in all formats at the major online retailers.

For a long time, I'd wanted to try my hand at a post-apocalyptic, urban fantasy setting, something dark and gritty--paranormal, yet totally different from my Midnight Breed story world. A strong, capable heroine was a must, as was a formidable, enigmatic hero. Preferably one with mysterious origins and hidden traits that made him something more than human. Something much more than human.

Enter Nisha the Heartless, a tough female mercenary, and Drakor, a man she cannot risk caring for but finds impossible to resist.

NightDrake is a global release, and will be available (in English) for other countries through Amazon, Kobo, B&N, iBooks, Smashwords, etc. We're still waiting for Amazon to price match to free on some of their international sites, but so far, UK and Germany are set to free. If you find NightDrake listed at any retailer and it's not available for free, please contact that retailer's customer service folks and alert them of the free listing shown elsewhere, so they can price match the story for you.

| eBook Order Links |

Amazon
KOBO
Smashwords (all file formats available here)
iTunes/iBooks
Barnes & Noble

If you'd like to learn more about NightDrake, or preview the opening chapter, please visit the NightDrake page at my website.

Would you like bookmarks? We have Edge of Dawn in stock, and I'd love to share them with you! To get the latest goodies, including bookmarks for the entire series thus far, plus a signed bookplate and a Breedmate mark temporary tattoo, just send your request and mailing info, along with two loose first-class U.S. postage stamps (we cannot accept postage meter tape) to the following address:

Lara Adrian
P.O. Box 365

Please include your email address with your request in case we need to reach you.

That's it for now. Thank you so much for your interest in my books!

Hugs,

Change email address / Leave mailing list
Powered by YMLP
Nach oben Nach unten
Dante
Admin
Dante

BeitragThema: Re: Informationen zu Lara Adrian   Informationen zu Lara Adrian EmptyFr Feb 08, 2013 8:20 pm

undefined

LaraAdrian.com News | Special Edition

Edge of Dawn Preview
(for subscribers only - please do not post online)

Hi everyone!

Welcome to this Special Edition of my website newsletter--the extended, subscribers-only preview for Edge of Dawn, Mira's story, which hits stores and ebook readers in less than three weeks on February 26th!

In celebration of Edge of Dawn's upcoming launch, I'm going to be sending out exclusive full-chapter excerpts and giving away autographed copies of the beautiful hardcover first edition from now till release day--only for subscribers of this newsletter.

Those of you who have been subscribed for a while now will be familiar with this "Special Preview Edition" of my newsletter. If you're just recently coming on board, here's how the schedule will break down:

- Tuesday, February 12: First winner announced + Chapter 1
- Friday, February 15: Second winner announced + Chapter 2
- Tuesday, February 19: Third winner announced + Chapter 3
- Friday, February 22: Final winner announced + Chapter 4
- Tuesday, February 26: Edge of Dawn release day!

You don't have to do anything to be entered in these drawings, other than be subscribed to this newsletter. Winners will be drawn at random from the list of active subscribers. No purchase necessary; contest is open to both U.S. and non-U.S. subscribers (but void where prohibited by law). Limit one prize per person/address.

Please note that each winner will be required to reply back **from the winning email address** within 30 days to Assistant@LaraAdrian.com or News@LaraAdrian.com with their full name and mailing information, or another subscriber will be drawn for that prize.

I hope you enjoy the upcoming sneak peeks at Mira's story, and I hope you'll watch for Edge of Dawn when it officially releases on February 26th. Good luck to everyone in the drawings!

Special Notice:
Exciting news--and a one-of-a-kind Reader Q&A Contest
announcement further on in this newsletter! Don't miss it!!

:: FROM THE BACK COVER ::

undefined

In this pulse-pounding and thrillingly sensual novel, New York Times bestselling author Lara Adrian returns to the mesmerizing world of the Midnight Breed, following new characters into a dark future where an uneasy peace can unravel into war--and a great betrayal can mask an all-consuming love.

Twenty years after the terror of First Dawn--when mankind learned that vampires lived secretly among them--the threat of violence reigns as the two species struggle to coexist. The only group preserving the fragile harmony is the Order, an elite cadre of Breed warriors dedicated to protecting humans and vampires alike. And in this precarious world of torn loyalties and shattered trust, Mira, a fiery squad captain, finds that every fight bears an intensely personal cost.

Raised among the Order, Mira has always believed in the warrior's code of swift--and even lethal--justice. But the one thing she desires more than the Order's hard-won acceptance is Kellan Archer, a sexy but troubled Breed fighter. In love with him since childhood, Mira once broke through his tough exterior during an unexpected night of rapture, but the next day he mysteriously disappeared, never to return.

Kellan didn't think he would ever see Mira again--or have to confront the truth of why he left. After abandoning the Order years ago, he now leads a band of human rebels intent on carrying out their own vigilante rule of law. Yet a high-profile kidnapping assignment brings him face-to-face with the past he sought to avoid, and the striking woman he has tried desperately to forget. And as tensions mount and the risk of bloodshed grows, Kellan and Mira must take sides--between the competing missions that dominate their lives, and the electrifying passion that claims their hearts.

EDGE OF DAWN by Lara Adrian
Delacorte Press ~ March 2013
Hardcover First Edition
Book Club Edition Hardcover
E-book
Audio (releasing Feb 26)

| Pre-Order Links |

Print Editions (Hardcover)

Amazon
Barnes & Noble (autographed copies!)
Books-A-Million
IndieBound.org

Ebook Editions

Kindle
Nook
iTunes / iBooks
Kobo

:: REVIEWS ::

Early reviews for Edge of Dawn have been amazing! Here's just a sampling::

"Edge of Dawn gives new life to the Midnight Breed series. The wildly popular series continues with a whole new generation of Breed warriors and the amazing women they love. Lara Adrian takes the series on an action packed thrill ride with this story of lost love that refused to die . . . Not only are all of our old favorites characters still here, front and center, but she's given her readers a whole new cast of characters that I'm just dying to get to know. Edge of Dawn is one of the few stories that deserve more than a five star rating."
--Night Owl Reviews (5 Stars -- Top Pick)

"Adrian has always been an impeccable writer, but as I started reading this book, I was reminded of just how amazing and talented she is. She paints a vivid picture for every scene, delves deeper into each character until readers know everything about them, and writes some of the best action sequences I've encountered in a long time. All this and more is in Edge of Dawn. Make no mistake, Lara Adrian is one of the premier authors of paranormal romance and with this book, she proves it!"
--Fresh Fiction

"This is a series reboot of epic proportions, all Abrams-esque and full of sweet, steamy, action-packed promise. Even better, instead of having to recast the original warriors for her "reboot", Ms. Adrian takes us out for a spin with her brand new cast, complete with sexy alpha bad boys and their talented, alluring females. Riveting and utterly addicting, Edge of Dawn is the best Midnight Breed novel yet!"
--GraveTells.com (Top Pick -- Voted Book of the Month)

"The tension between Mira & Kellan make Edge of Dawn my favorite Paranormal book for January. Readers will be kept at the edge of their seat . . . We get a glimpse of everything that has happened since First Dawn and readers will be glad to learn about what has happened with other characters such as Tegan, Lucan and Niko. There is a lot going on in this book and be prepare for the steamy scenes between Mira and Kellan. If you thought Chase's love story was intense, Mira and Kellan are perhaps the hottest of them all . . . I loved it!"
--Reading Diva (5 Hearts)

"This book was AMAZING! . . . I'm not one to swoon over many books. So when I do, trust me, it's worthy of it. Adrian has delivered and we get all we expect from her writing. Witty banter, romance, steamy bedroom interludes, vivid fighting and new villains to hate. . . . If you're a fan of the Midnight Breed series, then this is a must read. If you're new to the series and want to check it out, start from the beginning. This series is so good, you'll be caught up in no time."
--Shelf Addiction (5 Bookmarks)

More to come! Watch www.LaraAdrian.com for further reviews and news about Edge of Dawn.

A big hug and many thanks to everyone who placed an order for an autographed copy of Edge of Dawn through the Virtual Signing hosted at my website. On release day, February 26th, I'll be happily scribbling my fingers into knots as I autograph the hundreds of copies that will be going out to Midnight Breed fans all over the world! I'm thrilled to be able to do this for my readers, and I'm delighted that so many of you enjoy taking part in this special, virtual event for each new release.

If you're only hearing about the Virtual Signing now, I'm sorry you missed it! Depending on where the release date falls for the mass market paperback release of Edge of Dawn, I hope to host another VS at that time. Be sure to stay subscribed to this newsletter, or check in at Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads, for all the latest news and updates.

p.s. Through a special arrangement with Barnes & Noble, I signed a limited number of copies of Edge of Dawn which are available exclusively through their website. These are not personalized copies, but they are original signatures. To order one of the limited edition signed copies, click here.

:: READER Q&A CONTEST! ::

Since the Midnight Breed series began, I've had countless emails from readers who want to know more--more about the characters, more about the story world, more about . . . just about everything!

I do my best to answer on a one-to-one basis, but I thought it would be fun to collect your questions and curiosities and compile them all into one comprehensive, all-you-ever-wanted-to-know collection.

But rather than cobble together years of FAQs and email messages, I'm heading straight to the source. That means YOU!

If you've ever wondered why something is the way it is in the Midnight Breed world, or what inspired a certain character or story element, or what my plans are for your favorite couple, etc., now's the time to ask! You can even ask a question directly of the characters in the series, if you prefer. Ask them about their pasts, their quirks, their likes and dislikes, or the things that drive them nuts (or drive them wild) about their mates. Silly questions, serious questions, the nagging curiosities that keep you up at night--we want to hear them all!

But don't wait . . . you've only got until March 1, 2013, to enter!

Here's the really cool part. Every question submitted will be considered for inclusion in the future release of a Midnight Breed Insider's Guide (publishing date to be determined). And if your question is selected, you'll not only get bragging rights and a mention in the Insider's Guide, but you'll also be entered in a random drawing for one of twenty-five autographed copies of the Insider's Guide once it's released!

And before you ask (because I know it will be the first thing many of you want to know! *g*) YES, the Insider's Guide will also contain the novella of the long-awaited story of Gideon and Savannah's romance. We'll have more details about plans for the Insider's Guide later this year. In the meantime, have fun with the Reader Q&A Contest! I can't wait to read your questions!

Contest entry form, contest rules and information are located HERE. You can also access the contest entry form via my website at www.LaraAdrian.com.

Be sure to watch your email next Tuesday for the first preview chapter of Edge of Dawn and the first contest winner announcement.

And please make sure to join us (and hit the "LIKE" button) on Facebook for news and special promotions as we near the February 26th release day. We've had some incredible giveaways going on, and there's always something fun in the works, so don't miss it!

In the meantime, thank you so very much for all the enthusiasm, friendship, and support. I hope you enjoy Edge of Dawn.

Have a great weekend!

Newsletter Archives: Missed some news? Subscribers can access all of the past issues of this newsletter online at http://www.ymlp268.net/pubarchive.php?lara_adrian.

Powered by YMLP
Nach oben Nach unten
Dante
Admin
Dante

BeitragThema: Re: Informationen zu Lara Adrian   Informationen zu Lara Adrian EmptyMi Feb 20, 2013 6:19 pm

undefined

LaraAdrian.com News | Special Edition

Edge of Dawn Contest & Preview
(* * for subscribers only -- please do NOT post online or forward * *)

Welcome to the Chapter 1 sneak peek excerpt from Edge of Dawn--just for my newsletter subscribers!

FYI, if you're subscribed to this newsletter, you are automatically entered in all of the giveaways; there's no need to send in any kind of entry.

First things first, let's find out whose name was drawn to win an autographed copy of the hardcover book hot off the presses. Our first winner is . . .

Roxanne Imhoff
(roxanne.imhoff@xxxxxxxxx.com)

Congratulations! If your name and email address is shown above in the large blue type, please hit reply or email us from the winning email address at Assistant@LaraAdrian.com with your mailing information so we can send you the prize. As noted in the contest announcement newsletter, the winner needs to contact us within 30 days from now or another name will be drawn for this prize. Hope to hear from you soon!

And now, your exclusive sneak peek inside Edge of Dawn. I hope you enjoy it!

EXCERPTED FROM Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian
(c) 2013 by Lara Adrian LLC. All rights reserved.
Delacorte Press ~ March 2013
ISBN: 978-0-345-53260-2
(The following may contain violence, explicit language, and sexual situations.)

---------------------------

JOURNAL ENTRIES

From the private history archives of the Order
Washington, D.C. Headquarters

December 26

The year no longer matters, neither does the date. After what's happening right now around the world, my guess is history will soon be explained simply in terms of Before and After. Before mankind realized vampires were real, and after. After a power-crazed vampire named Dragos freed scores of the most deadly members of the Breed--savage, blood-addicted Rogues--turning the incarcerated monsters loose on an unsuspecting, and obviously unprepared, human public. Even as I write this, I can hardly believe what I'm seeing.

The carnage is unspeakable. The terror, unprecedented. It's hard to look away from the terrible news broadcasts and Internet video pouring into the Order's temporary compound in Maine. Every report brings footage of screaming men, women and children, hysterical crowds stampeding on darkened streets, none of them fast enough to elude the predators in pursuit. Cities glowing bright with flames, vehicles abandoned and smoking in the ruins, gunfire and misery filling the air. Everywhere, there is bloodshed and slaughter.

Lucan and the rest of the warriors of the Order have mobilized for Boston to combat the violence, but they are barely a dozen Breed soldiers against hundreds of Rogues flooding into major cities all over the globe. By the time dawn rises to send the Rogues back into the shadows, the cost in innocent lives could number easily in the thousands. And the damage left in the wake of all this blood-soaked chaos--the mistrust between the humans and the Breed--may never be repaired.

Centuries of secrecy and careful peace, undone in a single night. . . .

Day 345, A.F.D.

It's been almost a year since First Dawn. That's what everyone calls it now--the morning after the Rogue attacks that changed the world forever. First Dawn. What a hopeful, innocuous term for such a horrific moment in time. But the need for hope is understandable. It's critical, especially when the wounds from that awful night and the uncertain day that followed are still so fresh.

No one knows the need for hope better than the Order. The warriors have been fighting for twelve hard months to win back some sense of calm, some semblance of peace. Dragos is no more. The Rogues he used as his personal weapon of mass destruction have all been destroyed. The months of carnage and terror have ended. But too much hatred and suspicion still festers on both sides. It's a volatile time, and even the slightest spark of violence could explode into catastrophe.

In two weeks, Lucan is scheduled to speak on behalf of the Breed before all the nations of the world. Publicly, he will call for peace. Privately, he's warned all of us in the Order that he dreads man and Breed may instead find themselves swept into war. . . .

August 4, 10 A.F.D.

Sometimes it feels as if there's been a hundred years of spilled blood and lives during the decade that's passed since First Dawn. The wars continue. Violence escalates around the world. Anarchy reigns in many major cities, spawning criminal activity from bands of rebels and other militants in addition to the relentless killing on both sides of the conflict.

Every day, the Order's headquarters in D.C. receives sobering reports from the leaders of its district command centers now situated around the world. The war grows worse. Blame for the bloodshed is slung from both directions, deepening the unrest and adding fuel to an already raging fire. Our hope for peace between man and Breed has never seemed further out of reach.

And if this is the state of things ten years into this conflict, I am afraid to guess at what that could mean for the future. . . .

CHAPTER ONE

Humans.

The night was thick with them.

They choked the dark sidewalks and intersections of Boston's old North End, overflowed from the open doorways of dance clubs, sim-lounges and cocktail bars. Strolling, loitering, conversing, they filled the near-midnight streets with too many voices, too many bodies shuffling and sweating in the unseasonable heat of the early June evening.

And damned too little space to avoid the anxious sidelong looks--those countless quick, darting glances from people pretending they hadn't noticed, and weren't the least bit terrified, of the four members of the Order who now strode through the middle of the city's former restricted sector.

Mira, the lone female of the squad of off-duty warriors, scanned the crowd of Homo sapiens civilians with a hard eye. Too bad she and her companions were wearing street clothes and discreetly concealed weapons. She'd have preferred combat gear and an arsenal of heavy firearms. Give the good citizens of Boston a real excuse to stare in mortal terror.

"Twenty years we've been outed to mankind, and most of them still gape at us like we've come to collect their carotids," said one of the three Breed males walking alongside her.

Mira shot him a wry look. "Feeding curfew goes into effect at midnight, so don't expect to see the welcome wagon down here. Besides, fear is a good thing, Bal. Especially when it comes to dealing with their kind."

Balthazar, a giant wall of olive-skinned thick muscle and ruthless strength, met her gaze with a grim understanding in his hawkish golden eyes. The dark-haired vampire had been with the Order for a long time, coming on board nearly two decades ago, during the dark, early years following First Dawn, the day the humans learned they were not, in fact, the ultimate predator on the planet.

They hadn't accepted that truth easily. Nor peacefully.

Many lives were lost on both sides in the time that followed. Many long years of death and bloodshed, grief and mistrust. Even now, the truce between the humans and the Breed was tentative. While the governing heads of both global nations--man and vampire--attempted to broker lasting peace for the good of all, private hatreds and suspicions still festered in either camp. The war between mankind and Breed still waged on, but it had gone underground, undeclared and unsanctioned, but nonetheless lethal.

A cold ache filled Mira's chest at the thought of all the pain and suffering she'd witnessed in the years between her childhood under the protection of the Order, through the rigorous training and combat experience that had shaped her into the warrior she was now. She tried to sweep the ache aside, put it behind her, but it was hard to do. Tonight of all nights, it was next to impossible to shut out the hurt.

And the part of this war that was personal, as intimate as anything in her life could be, now gave her voice a raw, biting edge. "Let the humans be afraid. Maybe if they worry more about losing their throats, they'll be less inclined to tolerate the radicals among them who would like to see all of the Breed reduced to ashes."

From behind her, another of her teammates gave a low purr of a chuckle. "You ever consider a career in public relations, Captain?" She threw a one-fingered salute over her shoulder and kept walking, her long blond braid thumping like a tail against her leather-clad backside. Webb's laugh deepened. "Right. Didn't think so."

If anyone was suited for diplomatic assignment, it was Julian Webb. Adonis-handsome, affable, polished, and utterly devastating when he turned on the charm. That Webb was a product of a cultured upbringing among the Breed's privileged elite went without saying. Not that he ever had. His background--along with his reasons for joining the Order--was a secret he'd shared only with Lucan Thorne, and the Order's founding elder wasn't telling.

There were times Mira wondered if that's why Lucan had personally assigned Webb to her team last year--to keep a close eye on her for him and the Council and to ensure the Order's mission objectives were being met without any...issues. Since her humiliating censure for insubordination by the Council eighteen months ago, it wouldn't surprise Mira to learn that Lucan had entrusted Webb to smooth out any potential rough patches in her leadership of the unit. But she hadn't worked her ass off, trained to the brink of killing herself to earn her place with the Order, only to throw it away.

It was highly unusual--all but unheard of, in fact--for a female to come through the ranks with the Order and be awarded a place as captain of a warrior team. Her pride swelled to think on that, even now. She'd lived to prove herself capable, worthy. She'd pushed herself ruthlessly to earn the respect of the Order's elders and the other warriors she'd trained with--respect she'd eventually won through blood, sweat, and stubborn determination.

Mira wasn't Breed. She didn't have their preternatural speed or strength. She didn't have their immortality either, something she, as a Breedmate--the female offspring of a Homo Sapiens mother and a father of as-yet-undetermined genetic origins--could only obtain through the mated exchange of a blood bond with one of the Breed. Without that bond being activated, Mira and those other rare females born Breedmates would age, and, ultimately die, the same as mortals.

At twenty-nine and unmated, she was already beginning to feel the physical and mental fallout of her taxing career choice. The wound she'd been carrying in her heart for these past eight years probably didn't help either. And her "conduct unbecoming" reprimand a year and a half ago was likely more than enough excuse for Lucan to want to reassign her to desk duty. But he hadn't yet, and she'd be damned if she gave him further cause to consider it.

"Storm's coming," murmured the third member of her team from beside her. Torin wasn't talking about the weather, Mira knew. Like a lion taking stock of new surroundings, the big vampire tipped his burnished blond head up toward the cloudless night sky and drew in a deep breath. A pair of braids woven with tiny glass seed beads framed razor-sharp cheekbones and finely chiseled features, an unconventional, exotic look for someone as expertly lethal as Torin, one that hinted at his sojourner past. The glittering plaits swayed against the rest of his thick, shoulder-length mane as he exhaled and swiveled his intense gaze toward Mira. "Bad night to be down here. Something dark in the air."

She felt it too, even without Torin's unique ability to detect and interpret shifts in energy forces around him.

The storm he sensed was living inside her.

It had a name: Kellan.

The syllables of his name rolled through her mind like thunder. Still raw, even after all this time. Since his death, the storm of emotion left in his wake grew more turbulent inside Mira, particularly around this time of the year. Whether in grief or denial, she clung to Kellan's memory with a furious hold. Unhealthy to be sure, but hope could be a cruel, tenacious thing.

There was still a part of her that prayed it was all a bad dream. Eventually she'd wake from it. One day, she'd look up and see the young Breed male swaggering in from a mission, whole and healthy. One day, she'd hear his deep voice at her ear, a wicked challenge while they sparred in the training room, a rough growl of barely restrained need when their bouts of mock combat sent them down together in a tangle of limbs on the mats.

She'd feel the formidable strength of his warrior's body again, big and solid and unbreakable. She'd gaze into his broody hazel eyes, touch the crown of tousled waves that gleamed as copper-brown as an old penny and felt as soft as silk in her fingers. She'd smell the leather-and-spice scent of him, feel the kick of his pulse, see the sparks of amber heat fill his irises and the sharp white glint of his emerging fangs, when the desire he held in check so rigidly betrayed itself to her despite his best efforts to contain it.

One day, she would open her eyes and find Kellan Archer sleeping naked beside her again in her bed, like he had been the night he was killed in combat by human rebels.

Hope, she thought caustically. Such a heartless bitch.

Angry at herself for the weakness of her thoughts, she picked up the pace and glanced at the intersection ahead, where half a dozen human couples had stumbled out of a trendy hotel bar and now stood paused for a traffic signal. Across the street from them, one of the city's ubiquitous Faceboards took the liberty of scanning the group's retinas before launching into an obnoxious ad, custom-tailored for the interests of its captive audience trapped at the crosswalk, waiting for the light to change.

Mira groaned when the digitally rendered 3D image of business tycoon Reginald Crowe, one of the wealthiest men on the planet, addressed the couples by name and proceeded to hawk discounted stays at his collection of luxury resorts. Crowe's face was everywhere this year, in press releases and interview programs, on entertainment blogs and news sites...anywhere there was a webcam or a broadcast crew willing to hear him talk about his newly unveiled technology grant--the biggest science award of its kind. It probably irritated him to no end that neither that story, nor the announcement that Crowe was helping to champion the upcoming Global Nations Council summit, enjoyed the same depth of coverage as the ones concerning the billionaire's recent divorce from Mrs. Crowe the sixth.

"Come on," she said, stepping off the curb to avoid the wait at the light.

She led her team across the street, heading up the block toward Asylum, a local watering hole that in recent years had become an unofficial neutral ground for its mix of vampire and human clientele. Another squad from the Order was meeting them tonight. Mira hadn't been much in the mood to socialize--least of all in this city, on this night--but the teams deserved to celebrate. They'd worked hard together for the past five months on a joint mission; Black Ops stuff, the kind of covert, specialized assignments that had become the Order's stock-in-trade over the past two decades.

Thanks to the combined effort of Mira's squad and the one she spotted at a back table as she entered Asylum, the GNC had one less international militant group to contend with. It was a victory that couldn't have come at a better time: Just a week from now, government leaders, dignitaries and VIPs from all over the world, representing Breed and humankind alike, were scheduled to gather in Washington, D.C., in a much-publicized show of peace and solidarity. All of the Order elders would be in attendance, including Mira's adoptive parents, Nikolai and Renata.

Back home in Montreal, the mated pair were still waiting for her to confirm if she'd be going with them too. Although neither had said anything, she knew their invitation was given in the hope that she might expand her social circle, maybe meet someone she might consider bonding with someday. It was also their well-meaning, but none-too-subtle attempt to take her off the battlefield, even for a little while.

She must have been scowling when she arrived at the table with her team, because as she sat down, the captain of the other squad narrowed a concerned look on her from his seat across from her.

"You all right?" Nathan's voice was level and unreadable beneath the thump of music and the din of noise rising up from Asylum's bar and dance floor. His greenish-blue eyes were steady and unblinking beneath the military-short cut of his jet-black hair. "I wasn't sure you'd be up for this."

Not sure she'd be able to handle being back in Boston. Especially on the anniversary of Kellan's death.

She caught his meaning, even though he didn't specifically say the words. He knew her too well, had been one of her dearest friends for almost as long as Kellan had. Longer, now that Kellan had been gone eight years. Nathan had been there that night too. He'd been right next to Mira, holding her back from the flames and falling debris when the riverfront warehouse exploded into the dark sky. And he'd been standing at her infirmary bedside days later, when she woke up and learned there'd been no trace left of Kellan or the human rebel scum he'd pursued inside the booby-trapped building.

Mira cleared her throat, still tasting ash and smoke all these years later. "No, it's fine. I'm good." He didn't believe her, not at all. She looked away from his probing stare and took in the rest of the warriors gathered around the table. "In case I didn't say it already, nice work, all of you. We kicked some serious ass out there together."

Torin and Webb nodded in agreement, while Bal shot a crooked grin at the three members of Nathan's crew. "Captain's right. Damn good working with you ladies. After all, every skilled surgeon needs someone to mop up the spilled blood and guts, or hand him the right tool when he calls for it."

"I got a tool for you right here," quipped Elijah, Nathan's second in command, a brown-haired Breed warrior with cowboy rugged looks, quicksilver smile and a slow, Texas drawl. "And if you want to talk surgical precision, we've got you beat in spades. My man Jax over here? Poetry in motion. Two of those rebel bastards had the bad judgment to open fire on us, but Jax took them both out with a single toss of his hira-shuriken." Eli made a low whistling sound as he drew his finger across his neck and that of Rafe, his teammate seated next to him. "Thing of fucking beauty, Jax."

Jax gave a mild bow of his dark head at the praise. Half-Asian and one-hundred percent lethal, the big, ebony-haired vampire was renowned for his deadly grace, and for his skill with the razor-edged throwing stars he handcrafted and carried with him wherever he went. Mira knew without checking that Jax likely had half a dozen of his hira-shuriken on his person now.

She carried her own pair of custom blades too, daggers she'd had since she first learned how to properly use one. They were always within her reach, even though it was illegal to discharge weapons of any kind in civilian sectors of the city. Only uniformed officials with the Joint Urban Security Taskforce Initiative Squad, a government directed police detail comprised of hand-picked Breed and human officers, were licensed to carry unconcealed arms or use deadly force in non-military situations.

Reflecting back on the success of their completed mission, Mira nodded to Nathan's other squad member, blond, blue-eyed Xander Raphael. "Good job providing the cover we needed to breach the rebel's compound," she told him. "You've got serious skills, kid."

"Thanks." Though hardly a child, Mira had known Rafe since he was an infant. Of the group seated around the table now, he was the newest recruit, fresh out of training ten months ago. Mira was almost a decade older than him, but the young Breed warrior was capable and wise well beyond his years. He was also the son of an Order elder, Dante, and his mate, Tess. Like all Breed offspring, Rafe had been gifted with his mother's unique extrasensory talent. Tess's ability to heal with her touch was a conflict for her son, who had also been born with his father's innate courage and virtually unmatched fighting skills.

Rafe's other gift from his mother was his fair hair and eye color. On Tess, the honeyed waves and aquamarine gaze was stunning, infinitely feminine. On Rafe, six-foot-six and wrapped in lean, hard muscle, the combination turned every female head in the vicinity of him.

One such female, a twenty-something brunette who'd been watching their table from the bar with a gaggle of her friends, was doing everything she could to catch Rafe's eye. He'd noticed. And there was no doubt he knew what the pretty girl would be offering him too; Mira saw that spark of male arrogance lift the corner of the warrior's mouth in the moment before he and a few other males at the table swiveled their heads to greet her.

"Hey," the young woman said, eyes on Rafe for the longest. She'd made her choice, no question.

"Hey, yourself," Eli answered for the rest of the table. "What's your name, beautiful?"

"I'm Britney." A smiling glance at him and the other males, then back to stay on Rafe. "My friends have been daring me to come over here and talk to you."

Rafe smiled. "That right?" His voice was smooth and unrushed, that of a male totally at home with his effect on the opposite sex. Or another species, in this case.

"I told them I wasn't afraid," Rafe's admirer went on. "I told them I was curious what it was like--" She gave a quick toss of her head, flustered, but flirtatious. "I mean, I was curious what you were like..."

Fang-girls, Mira thought with an amused roll of her eyes. Despite the ongoing civil unrest between human and Breed, there was never a shortage of women--and a large number of men--looking to donate their fresh red cells in exchange for the sensual high of a vampire's bite.

Balthazar chuckled. "Very brave of you to come over all by yourself, Whitney."

"It's Britney." She giggled, nervous but determined. "Anyway, they said I should do this, so...here I am." Licking her lips as she inched closer to Rafe, she pushed her long brown hair back over her shoulder. The adjustment bared the delicate white column of her neck and Mira felt the air go sharp with the instinctual reactions of more than one Breed male at the table.

"No reason for your friends to be shy." Torin's voice was a smoky, dark invitation that made even Mira's dormant senses prickle with awareness. He drew in a breath through parted lips that didn't quite hide the pearly white points of his fangs. "Call them over and let's see if they're as daring as you are, Britney."

When the girl excitedly motioned for the others to join her, Mira got up from the table. Fresh off a mission and deserving of some kind of reward, the warriors had a right to accept the indecent proposal being extended to them here. But that didn't mean she wanted to watch. "Feeding time ends at midnight, boys. That's ten minutes from now, in case any of you were worried about breaking curfew laws."

Nathan stood now too, the only one of the vampires seemingly unfazed by the approach of several warm, pretty females willing to play blood Hosts to them tonight. "What are you doing?"

"Getting out of the way. I'll be back in a few."

He frowned. "I should go with you--"

"No, stay." She held up a hand, gestured with a nod toward the arriving women. "God knows, these fools can't be trusted without adult supervision."

The taunt got the anticipated rise out of Eli, Bal and the others, but Nathan's gaze remained solemn on her. When his broad mouth went flat in disapproval, she reached out and cupped his jaw in her palm. She felt him tense at the contact, and suddenly wished she could take back the tender gesture. Nathan may have spent more than half of his thirty-three years of life with the Order, but the scars of his dark childhood might never be buried. Touch and tenderness always put the former assassin on edge, made him twitch like no amount of bloodshed and battle ever did.

"Have some fun, Nathan. You earned it too, you know." Mira started walking away from the table. "Ten minutes," she called over her shoulder. "Somebody be nice and have a drink waiting for me when I get back."

She was fine until she reached the exit. Then the weight she'd been holding off all night settled on her chest and brought hot tears like needles in the backs of her eyes.

"Shit. Kellan . . ." She let his name escape her lips on a rasped breath as she leaned against the brick exterior wall several yards away from Asylum's crowded entrance. God, she hated how much it hurt to think of him. Hated that she hadn't been able to find her way free of the hold his memory still had on her. No, his death had killed something in her, too. It had broken her somewhere deep inside, in a place no one but him had reached, before or since.

Mira hung her head, not bothering to sweep aside the loose blond tendrils that had escaped her braid and now swung into her face like a veil. She cursed under breath, struggled to pull herself together. Her fingers were trembling as she wiped the moisture from her cheeks. She blew out a frustrated sigh. "Damn it. Get a grip, warrior."

The angry self-rebuke worked well enough to lift her head and square her shoulders. But it was the high-pitched, human chortle from within the nearby throng that really snapped her out of her pointless sulk. Mira would know that barnyard hoot anywhere. Just the sound of it made her veins go hot with contempt.

She spied the young man's head--his ridiculous red mohawk--bobbing along in a group of petty thieves and troublemakers now walking past the crowd that waited to get into Asylum. That upright comb of bright scarlet hair, along with his distinctive laugh, had helped earn the delinquent his street name of Rooster.

Son of a bitch.

She hadn't seen the bastard in years. Her blood boiled to spot him now. A known rebel-sympathizer, strutting around with his repeat-offender friends when he should be rotting in a prison somewhere. Better yet, dead from choking on the business end of her blades.

When the top of his red mohawk turned the corner up the block with his four pals, Mira hissed a curse. Not her concern what Rooster was up to. Not her damn jurisdiction, even if it turned out he was up to his usual no good.

Still...

Impulse propelled her into motion, even against her better judgment. Rooster was an occasional supplier to human militant groups and rebel factions. And that occasional alliance made him Mira's permanent enemy. She fell in behind him and his friends at a covert distance, her lug-soled boots silent as they devoured the pavement in stealth pursuit.

The men shuffled up the block and entered an alleyway door of another place, one that had long ago been a popular dance club in the North End. The former neo-Gothic church was far from holy now, and far less reputable than it had been even a decade ago. Graffiti and old shelling scars from the wars all but obscured the fading "La Notte" sign painted on the side of the old red brick building. No longer pulsing with silky trance and synth music, the current proprietor favored hardcore industrial bands with screaming vocals in the club at street level.

All the better to drown out the raucous shouting and bloodthirsty cheers of the customers taking part in the establishment's underground arena.

It was down to that part of the club that Rooster and his pals now descended. Mira followed. The stench of smoke and spilled liquor hung like fog in the air. The crowd was thick at the bottom of the steep stairwell, thicker still in the space between the entrance and the large, caged-in, steel-reinforced fighting arena at the center of the room.

Inside the cage, two huge Breed males circled each other in bloody combat. Outside, gathered around the perimeter and standing a dozen rows deep, the crowd of human spectators cheered and hollered, bets placed on their favorite. This match had been going on for some time, based on the amount of blood in the ring and the fevered pitch of the crowd outside of it. Mira had seen the outlawed games before, and hardly flinched at the sight of the two powerful vampires wearing only gladiator-style leather shorts and a U-shaped steel torc around their neck. Titanium spikes rode the knuckles of their fingerless leather gloves, making each blow a savage shredding of flesh and muscle.

Rooster and his friends paused to watch one of the fighters take a hard strike to the sternum. His hooting laughter shot up through the crowd as the combatant crashed backward into the bars. The downed vampire was already in bad shape, pitted against an undefeated fighter who never failed to bring in the big crowds and heavy purses. Now, spitting blood, heaving under the force of this last blow, the losing male scrabbled to reach the mercy button inside the cage. Rooster and the rest of the spectators hissed and booed as the call for mercy temporarily halted the match and delivered a punishing jolt of electricity to the wounded combatant's dark-haired opponent. Unfazed, the immense Breed fighter took the hit as if it were no more than a bee sting, fangs bared in a cold smile that promised yet another win for his record.

The cage thundered with violence as the fight resumed, but Mira ignored the spectacle of the arena. Her sights were locked on her target. Her own need to punish boiled like acid in her veins as she stalked Rooster through the throng.

She thought of Kellan's final moments as she watched the rebel sympathizer cackle and hoot, he and the other humans cheering each terrible strike, frothing for more Breed bloodshed.

She didn't know at what point she'd drawn her blades from their sheaths at her back. She felt the chill of custom-tooled metal in her hands, her fingertips light on the scrollwork of the daggers' hilts. Felt her instincts itching to let the blades fly as Rooster shot a sudden glance in her direction.

He saw her, realized she was coming for him. Something flashed in his eyes as they met hers. Panic, certainly. But Mira saw guilt in that worried gaze too. In fact, his oh-shit look seemed to say that she was the last person he expected or wanted to see. He shrank back behind one of his hoodlum pals, as if that fiery shock of upright hair wouldn't give him away.

Mira felt a snarl curl up from the back of her throat. Son of a bitch was going to bolt. And sure enough, he did.

"Damn it!" She shouldered her way through the thick crowd, trying not to lose sight of her quarry as she maneuvered for a clear shot at him with her blades.

Someone saw her drawn weapons and a scream of warning went up. People scrambled out of her way--just long enough that she saw her chance at nailing Rooster. She took it without a hint of hesitation. Her twin blades flew. They arrowed on an unerring path that hit her moving target and skewered him to the far wall, one dagger buried to the hilt in each of the human's thin biceps.

He howled, no longer amused now that he was on the receiving end of a little pain. Mira shoved a few gawking stragglers aside as she closed in on him, venom hot in her veins. She'd already broken one law here tonight; looking at the rebel ally just beyond arm's reach from her now, she was tempted to add aggravated homicide to the tab.

A strong hand came down on her shoulder.

"Don't do it, Mira." Nathan. He and the rest of the warriors all stood behind her now, disapproval on each hard face.

She realized only now how hushed the club had gone. The illegal contest in the cage was over, the spectators now gathered to watch the new one Mira had started. The human proprietor of the place and some of his Breed fighters moved in from other areas of the club, their mere presence threatening added trouble if things got any further out of hand.

Shit. Mira knew she'd stepped in it this time, but her blood was still on a hard boil and all she could think about was settling the score for Kellan. One less rebel bastard tonight was a good place to start.

"Let it go," Nathan said, his voice soldier-cool and emotionless, the way she'd heard him speak a thousand times before, even under heavy combat fire. "This is not the way you were trained. You know that."

She did. She knew it, and yet she still threw off Nathan's grip and took a hard lunge toward Rooster, who yowled like a banshee, writhing where he was pinned to the wall. Nathan blocked her. He moved faster than she could track him, placing himself between her and the human. "Get out of my way, Nathan. You know who this scum hangs with--rebel pigs. Way I see it, that makes him one of them."

"Somebody help me!" Rooster howled. "Somebody call the cops! I'm innocent!"

Mira shook her head, meeting her teammate's disapproving gaze. "He's lying. He knows something, Nathan. I can see it in him. I can feel it. He knows who's responsible for Kellan's death. Damn it, I want someone to pay for what happened to him!"

Nathan's curse was an airless growl. "For fuck's sake, Mira." His eyes were intense, but tender. Holding her with a pity that she'd never seen before and hated to acknowledge now. "The only one you're making pay for what happened to Kellan is yourself."

The truth in his words hit her like a slap. She absorbed the blow in a stunned kind of silence, watching as the rest of her squad and Nathan's moved in around the two of them.

"Probably not a good idea to linger down here," Webb remarked to Mira and Nathan when neither of them had relaxed from their unspoken standoff. "If we don't clean this up quick, things could turn ugly."

Bal swore low under his breath. "Too late for that."

Pouring into the underground club from the street outside came twenty black-clad officers from Joint Urban Security. The JUSTIS detail stormed in, heavily armed, dressed in full riot gear. Mira could only watch--and blame no one but herself--as the law enforcers surrounded them, their automatic weapons trained on her and the rest of her teammates.

. . . TO BE CONTINUED . . .

| Pre-Order Links |

Print Editions (Hardcover)

Amazon
Barnes & Noble (autographed copies!)
Books-A-Million
IndieBound.org

Ebook Editions

Kindle
Nook
iTunes / iBooks
Kobo

Watch for Chapter 2 on Friday, along with the second drawing for an autographed copy of the book. I hope you'll keep an eye out for Edge of Dawn when it hits stores on February 26th.

Thanks so much for subscribing. I really appreciate your interest in my books!

All best,